Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Beginning Disguised As An End

Stoning motionlessly by the window at night seemed right because the weather felt nice recently - like it used to be. It's been windy, nice, but a little too windy for the norm. The unpredictable weather had been sort of altering my mood, and it's weird what the weather could do to me.

Then it dawned on me, nothing from the present or future could change me more than what he had already done in the past. If anything could influence me again, it would still have to be him. Annoyed by the thought of him having such a strong hold over me, I asked myself what was I waiting for, knowing the day I helplessly waited for would never come. He made a promise, one that broke my heart so bad it would never mend. The thought of him, assuring that I'd never see him again, crossed my mind painfully. Then, something stole my attention, easing the pain that I was feeling.

The wind howled with rage as it furiously swept into my room, throwing pieces of everything everywhere. I was half surprised, half fearful, not knowing what to expect. The wind hadn't behave anything like this for as long as I could remember. It only did when he was around, as though his presence was connected to the wind. I felt as though something was stuck in my throat, making it hard for me to breathe, leaving me gasping for air.

As the fear grew in me, I clutched my torso, trying to steady my breathing. That same feeling was back again , like the other time. Something was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment