Saturday, February 21, 2009

He stared at me with his eyes wide, like I was some freak and said, "You DON'T LIKE fries?"

"Um. I don't because of the salt on them. Too much salt," I responded.

"I like them salty though, it's nice. That's why I love fries," he smiled.

"And oily!" my girl friend, Leah commented as she started pressing one fry on the tray, squeezing out the oil out of the it. It was as if she wanted to squash the life out of the fry for being oily.

He laughed, "But it's fried food, of course it'll be oily!"

"Then you can have them all! I'll just stick to my nuggets..." I chuckled as I push my tray of fries towards him.

He lifted up one of the fries, with his other hand, he took a serviette. He began to gently clean and brush the salt off the fry, making sure that not even one grain of salt remain.

After deciding that the piece of fry was salt-free, he bowed his head down and "served" the fry to me, with his index fingers and thumbs pinching on each side of the it. I was flabbergasted.

Touched.

No one ever did that for me. It was just a 'I-don't-like-salted-fries' moment, yet, it became a 'clean-the-salt-off-the-fry' moment.

Well, he was a sweet friend, and it was a significant moment for me. (:

1 comment: